Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Monday 19 February 2018

Ryanair

the very word Ryanair brings out the worst in some people, often it's moan after moan and the latest was about the luggage going in the hold. What Ryanair have done is changed the rules about the luggage. All luggage now has to go in the hold unless you pay for priority boarding when you can take it on the plane.

I have flown with Ryanair many many times and the main problem has always been people trying to get all there bags in the overhead lockers. While all this is going on it takes up so much time while the cabin crew try to get all the lockers closed.

But today Wow what Ryanair have done has made so much difference. The plane was boarded so much quicker and the time it took to get going was reduced a lot. Ten minutes early is common on the Porto to Liverpool but today we arrived 23 minutes early. A lot of that saving was of so few people now taking baggage onto the plane and I for one will look forward to my return trip to see if it's as good a flight. By the time I got from the plane to go through Customs the baggage was just coming  onot the carrousel and my bag was one of the first.

The sad part of this trip is my Guinness sport bag I have used from September 2009 to date is now redundant and I need a case. I borrowed one till I get time to buy one for myself but the bag didn't have a lock. Instead I used a cable tie and it worked perfect,and I have had things missing from my bag on a trip to Spain that's why I used a cable tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment