Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 17 June 2017

It's been a long week this week

 I have bed space for three visitors and myself makes four. I also had a spare bedroom and this bedroom would be better opened up to give me a big lounge. So this week I started to take a wall door and the door frame down ready to put a new concrete lintel to support the floor above.



 But the heat here this week in Portugal has made it difficult to do as much work as I would've liked to have done and it's taken me a week to open up the wall. It's not my lack of being able to do the job I could easily if I'd been inclined taken the wall down in a day unfortunately due to the dust and having to get rid of all the rubble it's taken me a week. Just to get the opening done.



Next week I should get the concrete lintel fitted and I will be ready to get started on the walls. The walls will be battened out with timber and plaster boarded over. But that's another story for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment